Thursday, December 30, 2010

happy birthday to me

i have a birthday coming up soon. gag. i do not do birthdays very well. in fact, i have had this "birthday phobia" since i was 27. that was a real hard birthday for me, i felt like i was a big loser and had nothing to show for my 27 years of life. i guess i was a real "drama queen" that year because my next birthday came and went without any acknowledgment. i am serious. it was probably 10 pm and i couldn't take it for another minute! was anyone going to say "happy birthday" to me or WHAT?!? geez. i was then informed that after last year's melt down perhaps it would be better if we just forgot about the whole birthday thing. fine.

but you know what? this birthday coming up isn't freaking me out as much. i don't feel like such a loser with nothing to show...blah, blah, blah... i just finished my first semester of school (with some pretty impressive grades i might add!) and i just landed the job i have wanted for the past 5 years but never got! i have a handsome, successful husband who loves me. i have 5 beautiful, healthy, funny, smart children. and i have big plans for myself this year! i am just a late bloomer. so i don't foresee a melt down this year. in fact, i might just celebrate this one. my kids love a good party... and so does their mom.

0 comments:

Quotes

Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.-Margaret Nadauld
 

Tracy's Tree House | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates