Saturday, August 23, 2008

blog on!

you know, i have a million things i need to do right now. there's laundry (tons of it!) and the little girls need baths, the dishes need doing, homework needs doing (my own!), the list goes on and on. but i was just reading through some blogs that i look at pretty regularly and some new ones too, and i just have to make a comment or two or ten!

first of all, i am absolutely amazed by the positive exposure that the neilsen family has received this last week! wow! i don't know these people and probably never will but they have touched my heart. and this wouldn't even be possible if they hadn't touched so many other hearts. see what i'm getting at? how being kind, and generous and loving one another gets passed on? go ahead, be amazed cuz it is amazing.

another thing i'm thinking about is just how great this blogging thing has been for me. even though i am not as diligent at writing as i am about reading, i love the social aspect of it. i need that. so for those of you who take the time to read my stuff , thank you. i appreciate your comments and thoughts and friendship! you can never have too many.

and i am speaking for myself when i say thank you for sharing your 'real life'. it is refreshing for me to know that someone else out there is having some of the same challenges that i experience occasionally. it would be great if we all had the perfect little life but we all know we don't. it's just nice to know that you're not alone, cuz there are some days when a person might feel that way.

so i guess this was just a little post about some observations that i've made lately. and how much i appreciate the power of humor and friendship of the women who blog. thanks. carry on.

5 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I have a post that starts almost the same way-- I have a ton of things that need doing, but here I sit blogging.

I love recording the everyday stuff that goes on in my life. I get a kick out of exposing my flaws and trying to make them funny, as compared to sugar-coating everthing. And I REALLY love meeting other people - mostly LDS women like myself just trying to make everything work.

So excited to be your blog friend!

Mikki said...

sweet post! I agree with you about everything. It's so great to find out nobody else is perfect, and that I'm not the only one who has the thoughts and feelings I have about some things. And what a great way to meet people and make friends, and get the encouragement we wouldn't otherwise receive on a day to day basis.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Tracy Treehouse!!! I just love your blog...seriously I do.

and you know what??? i just KNOW there is a FABULOUS person behind this blog of yours...yep...I'm talkin' bout YOU! I can just tell. Really. I. Can!

I know what you mean about all the positive & encouraging & loving feedback about the Neilson family....my goodness... I do not know them either, but it feels so good to be united for a good purpose like that.

I know that something good ALWAYS comes from things that strangers pulling together like this. There is something VERY TRUE about Strength In Numbers!

Anyway...

I can't wait til we can all {the ones of us that have never met} GET TOGETHER & HAVE SOME FUN IN PERSON!!!! UNtil then, Rock On...or should I say BLOG ON sista!!!

Elisa said...

I think its amazing how this blogging thing brings so many people together. I mean you and I chat about the blogs we read like we are all best friends... I love that. I love the realness of it all and the fact that there are others out there just trying to keep their noses above the water too!

I have been smitten with the whole NieNie dealio too... its awesome how complete strangers are rallying around this family.

On a side note: TAMN from Seriously so blessed was on the news yesterday. I heard her voice. Jealous?

Anonymous said...

i have an award on my blog for you......♥

Quotes

Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.-Margaret Nadauld
 

Tracy's Tree House | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates